Data Protection Policy
1. Name and contact details of the person(s) responsible for data processing
Responsible: Øystein Wikeby (hereinafter: “Alpha Charter Ibiza S.L.”) Buzon 398 Roca Llisa, 07819 Jesus, Ibiza, Spain Email: email@example.com Telephone: 0034 660 494 750
2. Collection and storage of personal data plus the nature and purpose of its use
1.When visiting the website
When visiting our website www.cottonboats.com, information is automatically sent to our website’s server by the browser used on your device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. Here, the following information is collected and stored, without any action on your part, until it’s automatically deleted:
- IP address of requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of file accessed,
- website from which our site was accessed (referrer URL),
- browser used, (if applicable) operating system of your computer, and name of the access provider.
We process the above data for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection to the website,
- to ensure comfortable use of our website,
- to evaluate system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing data is Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is derived from the data collection purposes listed above. We will never use the data collected to draw conclusions about you.
- When registering for our newsletter
Provided that you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter a. of the GDPR, we will use your email address to regularly send out our newsletter to you. You just need to specify an email address in order to receive the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example, by clicking the link included with every newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and submit your request to unsubscribe.
- When using our contact form
If you have any questions, please feel free to use the contact form on our website. In order to know who submitted the request and to enable us to respond to it, we require a valid email address. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntary consent in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter a of the GDPR.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been dealt with.
- Disclosure of data
Your personal data shall not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We share your personal information with third parties only if:
- you have given express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter a of the GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter f of the GDPR is required to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- there is a legal obligation to disclose data in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter c of the GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter b of the GDPR for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie, which is based on the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
Furthermore, to optimise user-friendliness, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period.
If you visit our site again to make use of our services, the cookies enables the website to automatically recognise that you have previously visited our site and will recognise the entries and settings you have made, and thus save you from having to enter them again.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to prevent the storage of cookies on your computer or to have a notification appear before a new cookie is placed. Disabling cookies completely, however, may mean that you cannot use all the features of our website.
- Analysis tools
We use the following tracking measures on the legal basis provided by Art. 6 Par. 1 (1) letter f of the GDPR. With said tracking measures, we want to ensure that the website design meets the needs of visitors, in addition, they help us continuously optimise our website. The tracking measures statistically record the use of our website, the evaluation of which helps optimise our services. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
- Google Analytics
To ensure that the website design meets the needs of visitors and for the continuous optimisation of our website,we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/ (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymous user profiles are created and cookies (see Section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type/version
- operating system you use
- referrer URL (site visited beforehand),
- host name of accessing computer (IP address), and
- time of server request,
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it’s saved. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process the data by proxy. Google will never combine your IP address with any other data. The IP addresses are stored anonymously, which means that they cannot be assigned (IP masking).
You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings in your browser software accordingly; you should be aware, however, that by doing so you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of this website.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the above link. An opt-out cookie will be set preventing the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is stored on your device and applies exclusively to this browser and our website. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
- Rights of the data subject
You have the right to:
- Request information
In accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR, to request information about the personal data we process. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipient to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of the right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making processes including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details of same;
- in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect personal data stored with us or to demand its completion;
- in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR, to demand the deletion of personal data stored with us, unless processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR, to demand that the processing of your personal data be restricted if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data while you, however, require the data to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR, to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, standard, and machine-readable format, or to request transmission to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7, Par. 3 of the GDPR, to revoke your previous consent to us at any time. This means that we are no longer allowed to continue processing the data based on this consent, and
- you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, work, or our registered office.
- Right to object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6, Par. 1 (1) letter f of the GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or that the objection is directed against direct promotional mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is honoured by us without the need to specify any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an email to email@example.com
- Data security
We use the widespread SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology on this website, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can identify whether a single page of our website is encrypted from the locked key or lock symbol displayed in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
It may be necessary to change this Data Protection Policy due to further developments of our website and its services, or due to changed legal or official requirements.